Art & Design Technician
Job Title: Art & Design Technician
Contract: Part-Time (22.5 Hours), Term-Time Only (36 Weeks), Permanent
Salary: GBP8,229 - GBP8,641
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technician to support the Creative Industries Curriculum.
Based within the college's new state-of-the-art city centre campus the successful candidate for the post will be responsible for providing technician support for staff and students.
- General maintenance of the Art & Design workshops, classrooms and cleaning, organising and relocating equipment in the specialist working areas.
- Assisting lecturing staff during practical lesson, examinations, exhibitions by preparing equipment and supervising technical work and demonstrating where appropriate.
- Good housekeeping of the areas concerned by ensuring that all equipment is left in a clean and safe condition and completing COSHH schedules and assessments as and when required.
- Completing routine maintenance and equipment checks as listed in schedules or as directed by the lecturer in charge and assisting in the annual check of inventories, ordering and receiving goods. Responsible for Stock Control in the Art & Design section, monitoring, ordering, safe storage and maintaining stock and stock records.
- Working as part of a team and assisting other staff, lecturing and technical, as necessary.
- Monitoring and organising booking systems for space and equipment and arranging and organising exhibition space for student's end of year exhibition.
Applicants must have relevant industrial experience or have qualifications commensurate of the role e.g. BTEC in Art. A flexible approach to working is essential for this role as there may be the requirement to support staff, students, events during evenings and weekends as and when required.
Further information regarding the role, the person specification and job competencies is contained in the attached job description.
Applications are to be made using the Cardiff and Vale College application form only. CV applications are not accepted. The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 21/09/2017 at 12 noon.
To find out more or apply go to or contact the Human Resources Department on or . All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check and Education Workforce Council registration.
Your employment with Cardiff and Vale College will also be dependent on reference checks. Before you can commence employment we must have one reference from your present or most recent employer. We will contact these upon appointment.