The Role - 'Commercial Manager'
Key Skills needed for the role:
- Experience in the operational running of an environment similar to a Business Centre
Or, Previous experience in the running of an office.
- Sales / Networking skills and the ability to maximise revenue opportunities
- Leadership skills/Team management
- Communication/Negotiation skills
- Understands financial reporting
Basic salary up to 25K plus coms (NO weekend working).
- To attract new clients and ensure the retention of existing clients with a view to maximising revenues.
- Overall management, control and accountability for the financial and commercial performance of the centre.
- Provision of exceptional customer service whilst ensuring operational efficiencies.
Duties and responsibilities
Sales & Marketing
- Develop and maintain contact and relationship with Brokers and Commercial Agents and provide feedback on introductions.
- Promote available space in the centre on pre-agreed commercial terms.
- Develop corporate account contacts with key local occupiers in order to benefit from potential special projects, overspill or other possible short term expansion requirements
- To maximise revenue from various products available within the Centre.
- Network with influencers, public sector, and inward investment bodies and target potential customers.
- To assist in preparing marketing collateral suitable for the centre.
- Identify, recommend and implement local marketing initiatives.
- Enquiry handling, viewings, contract negotiations and completions.
- Provide Financial Management Information to include monthly billing, revenue collection and financial reporting
- Demonstrate a good understanding of profit and loss reports and managing costs.
- Compile financial targets across all revenue lines with close management of expenses against budget.
- Control cost lines in the business within budgetary guidelines and make recommendations.
- Compile annual budgets with recommendations including capital and operating expenditure requirements.
- Recommend and implement potential areas where additional revenue can be generated.
- Present lettings and additional service revenue plans as required.
- Maintain and update Occupancy Schedule
- Set, monitor and develop the standards of the Centre's presentation, to include cleanliness, health and safety and security, in alignment with agreed standard operating procedures.
- Develop a culture of quality service, customer care and professionalism by encouraging open and honest feedback from the team, clients and through regular client surveys.
- Oversee client move-ins, changes, modifications to fit-out and furniture requirements ensuring the onsite Client Service Representative delivers agreed terms of the license agreement, and subsequent continuation of Client relationship.
- Promote and build the Centre's reputation for exceptional standards of customer care.
- Attend training courses and meetings
- Provision of Reception cover in absence of Reception (lunch breaks, sickness, Annual Leave)