Procurement Coordinator - Merthyr Tydfil
Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1YH
Ensure purchase orders are delivered on time and in full. Liaise with suppliers to ensure products are shipped in line with factory requirements. Generate purchase orders using established tools (Symphony, purchasing report, manual requests). Improve supplier performance including pricing, quality and OTD. Support purchasing department with core information accuracy (pricing, vendor info). Manage and improve department KPI's. Ensure prices are competitive and cost savings achieved and recorded.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Review and improve supplier due date performance.
- Purchase and control of commodity items.
- Escalate poor supplier performance, and non/late delivery of orders to the team.
- Review outstanding purchase orders and ensure deliveries are made in line with requirements.
- Support quotation and purchasing team where necessary in product sourcing.
- Assist with inventory reduction programme.
- Place purchase orders using established tools.
- Support Triumph Sales Machine with customer order queries.
- Heighten focus on cost savings and record savings.
- Report supplier due date performance to the team.
Essential skill and Experience:
- Self-motivated and determined.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very strong numeracy skills.
- Ability to analyse data effectively.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly.
- Team player.
- PC literate.
- Thorough and well organized.
- Confident, clear and concise communicator
- Previous experience of purchasing/factory environment.
- Member of MCIPS or working towards.
Please apply online today with your up to date CV and contact details.
Apply for Procurement Coordinator - Merthyr Tydfil
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly