We are looking to recruit an RGN or RMN Registered Nurse on behalf of a beautiful nursing home just outside of Swansea towards the Gower.
The Home offers specialist dementia nursing care and use a person centred approach with emphasis on dignity, respect and affection.
* To take responsibility (as and when delegated), in the absence of the manager or deputy, for the provision of care to service users and the safe running of the home.
* To contribute to the development of and assist with the implementation of individually planned programmes of care and activities according to each service users needs.
* To contribute to the establishment and review of care standards in the home.
* To report any problems/changes/complaints concerning the home or service users to the management.
* To have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety at Work, and awareness of policies and procedures within the home.
* To comply with NMC Code of Practice.
* To participate in the training and supervision of junior staff.
* To be up to date with developments in care, to attend training courses as required
* To comply (as far as possible and practicable) with CSSIW Minimum Standards.
* To ensuring that the procedures relating to the administration of medicines/ controlled drugs to service users is adhered to.
* To assist in ensuring that clinical procedures are carried out effectively and follow good practice guidance.
* To communicate and cooperate with medical and paramedical staff regarding the care and treatment of service users and ensure that all treatment and instructions are carried out and documented.
* To assist mentoring of student nurses during their placements.
This is a full time, permanent position and you have the option to work 3 shifts a week or 3 shifts one week, 4 the next. The shift pattern is 7am until 7pm and vice versa. The hourly rate is GBP15 plus an attendance allowance of 83p per hour (on fulfilling contracted hours in a given pay period).
Tier 2 Sponsorship is also offered.
If you would like further details please contact Gemma Gill at Search Consultancy on and send your CV (agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.