Desk Side Support Engineer
- Full Time
Desk Side Support Engineer
- Location: Cardiff
- Post Number: 102466
- Contract type: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full-time, 37 hours a week
- Salary: £28,215 per year
NRW's award winning ICT team work with innovative cloud technologies leading the way across multiple ICT areas, using Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and was one of the first to deploy full stack ESRI GIS to the cloud. The post will work in this team, with the opportunity to exploit cutting edge technology, and work closely with our strategic partners to deliver and support solutions that leverage maximum benefits for the organisation
To provide a technical lead for all Desk Side support calls and make recommendations for strategic technology direction for Desk Side services. This specialist technical role leads mentoring of Apprentices and Support Engineers in their technical skills development and provides the documentation of standards of practice, technical installation documents and maintains the knowledge base for 3rd line technical troubleshooting.
The role also includes installing and configuring Windows operating systems, installing approved NRW software, diagnosing technical errors, repairing / troubleshooting errors, and maintaining and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance and business continuity via ICT's services.
Job Specific Criteria
- High level of technical expertise and skills focusing on desktop systems and associated technology in a networked environment over multiple sites, holding the following certifications/qualifications or be working towards them:
- ITIL Foundation certified, and having worked in an ITIL environment
- Degree in ICT, or equivalent
- Microsoft certification
Specialist knowledge to allow provision of technical expertise in addition to standard Desk Side Support roles, such as:
- ICT security
- Office 365
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable and confident in dealing with challenging situations/individuals and a clear commitment to delivering excellent customer service and user's experience. Ability to analyse ICT issues and requests, utilising the appropriate analysis techniques. To do this, it is important to be able to absorb new information readily, as new systems are brought into the team's remit and be able to understand and document user requirements Ability to work within a high pressure environment, to proactively plan and co-ordinate resources in order to achieve results within agreed timescales and with a flexible approach to working, prioritising as and when high priority problems and requests arrive at the Desk Side Support Team.
- Valid UK Drivers licence - travel to regional offices will be required as part of this post.
- Application closing date: 24 September 2017
- For full details and information on how to apply visit our website by clicking apply.