An exciting opportunity for a proactive and ambitious individual, this is an interesting and diverse role, offering prospects for personal development and career progression.
You will be encouraged to pursue a course of study, progressing towards gaining a professional treasury qualification. Responsibilities will increase with the progression of qualifications and development within the role. Someone who can demonstrate a keen interest in following a career path in treasury, is therefore preferred.
As Treasury Assistant, the purpose of your role will be to support the group treasury function, ensuring the provision of a high quality service, delivered with professionalism, and achieving company standards at all times.
Reporting directly to the Group Treasurer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Treasurer in managing the Bank's liquidity, cash placement and hedging transactions;
- Undertake the front office treasury function, ensuring all transactions are correctly executed and recorded;
- Monitoring treasury exposure limits and enhancement of stress scenarios;
- Producing management information, analysis and reports, prepared and presented accurately, clearly and concisely;
- Input into the production and reconciliation of regulatory returns, ensuring information is accurate and submitted in a timely manner;
- Increase knowledge within markets and maintain relationships with treasury contacts.
The postholder must be highly numerate and methodical in their approach and display good attention to detail. They will have strong analytical and communication skills, and thrive in a complex and changing environment.
A degree of 2.1 or higher is essential, ideally in a mathematical, business or finance-related subject.
Some previous work experience in a financial role may be beneficial, as would a good level of aptitude in using Microsoft Excel.