Junior Laboratory Technician
New opportunities not to be missed! NSF International are recruiting for a Junior Laboratory Technician to join the team based in Oakdale, Wales. We are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
NSF International is a growing, global, public health and safety organisation. Our mission which we are passionate about is to protect and improve human health. NSF International is dedicated to being a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry. Our core business divisions include food, water, health sciences, sustainability and international strategic registrations. Our services include standards development, testing, auditing, certification, training and advising our clients. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with 2,500 employees worldwide we provide services in over 170 countries at more than 50 office and laboratory locations.
NSF Wales is the UK’s largest water fittings and materials testing laboratory. With over 75 years’ experience and knowledge of water supply and distribution. We are looking for a Junior Laboratory Technician to join our busy Materials Testing Department based at our laboratory in Oakdale, South Wales. The department facilitates testing and approval/certification of a wide variety of products and materials to show they are suitable to come into contact with drinking water by demonstrating compliance with various UK and international standards.
The Junior Laboratory Technician Role
- Preparing odour and flavour tests for panellist assessments.
- Conducting analytical tests on water samples, including colour, turbidity, pH, dissolved oxygen, and metal content (by ICP-MS).
- Conducting basic microbiological tests, including cell-line maintenance.
- Accurately completing worksheets and log books, and filing of such records.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and other departments within the organisation.
- General laboratory housekeeping, including general cleaning duties and washing glassware.
Our ideal Junior Laboratory Technician will have the following skills:
- GCSEs (grade C or above) in Mathematics, English Language, and Chemistry.
- Excellent time management, organisational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Further or higher education qualifications in a chemistry based subject.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory.
With excellent opportunities to develop NSF International is the perfect choice for you to build you career. Why not click apply today and become our Junior Laboratory Technician - don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity.
NSF International is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST PLEASE
Apply for Junior Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly