Residential Support Worker
Job Title - Residential Support Worker
Location - Newport
Salary - £22,300 - £23,000
Rota - 2 days on 4 days off
This is a role supporting young people aged 11 - 17 in a residential home in Newport. This is a two bedroom house with young people with challenging behaviour. This is a home that is held to a very high standard and regularly gets good inspection reports. The rota is done on 2 days on 4 days off - 8am - 11pm - Sleep - 7am-11pm Sleep - 7am - 8:30am - 4 days off.
You will be supporting the young people on a day to day basis making sure the home is run efficiently and effectively to a high standard. It will be your job to ensure that the young people are safeguarded at all times, creating a homely environment for the young people.
- £4 extra Bnk Hols - £20ph Xmas day - £5.50phr waking night
- 1% Paid into pension -- going up to 2% next year
- £200 bonus for good inspection £500 for excellent
- Overtime Shifts - 2 houers flat rate then £12.50 per hour for anything after that
- Holiday - 213 hours a year
- Lots of training provided:
- PAMOVA, Manuel Handling, Fire Safety, Quality and diversity, Prevent, FGM, Child Protection, Qualified Therapist, ADHD Training, and will fund QCF 3 etc.
What you need
- Driving licence and car
- Over the age of 21
- Experience working with young people
As well as these you will also need to be resilient, enthusiastic and have positive personality. As you will be dealing with challenging behaviour it is important that you are open to a difficulties and are able to stay calm under pressure. As you will be working with young people you will need to be a good role model.
What you need to do
If this is a role that you would be interested in and you would like to find out more, please apply or call Jack on 02920 224 755.
Apply for Residential Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly