Application Support Analyst
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• The Application Support Analyst is responsible for providing 2nd line support on specified IT systems for employees remotely, over the phone and in person.
• Responsible for maintaining systems to ensure that they operate without issues and resolving issues when they arise.
• Participating in Problem Management activities to determine root causes of incidents and developing work-around and permanent resolutions including reporting and trending
• Supplier Management: Work closely with suppliers, ensuring an appropriate technical knowledge transfer and issue resolution occurs in order to provide an overall service.
• Routine maintenance activities such as server restarts, monitoring of system / application logs and general system housekeeping activities
• Managing / participating with the full lifecycle of changes on allocated systems to ensure change requests are fulfilled according to company guidelines
• Routine patching and upgrade activities to remain vigilant and managing end-of-life risk and wider implications of required changes/updates.
• Assisting Global Infrastructure Team with Disaster Recovery testing
• Licence management
• Provide comprehensive support and end user documentation for existing systems and project implementations to improve support team knowledge and the end user experience
• Some out of hours working will be required as part of this role
• Some travel may be required as part of this role
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5 years plus IT experience in an IT support function within a regulated manufacturing environment
• Good understanding of IT technologies such as networking, Servers, desktop and adhoc application support.
• Knowledge and experience of working in cross-functional, international project environments in matrix management structure.
• Excellent customer service attitude.
• Must possess a “can do” attitude and be enthusiastic with a positive outlook.
• Detailed application knowledge of Laboratory Systems including; LabVantage LIMS , Thermo Fischer Chromeleon and Metrohm products would be a distinct advantage.
• Good knowledge of Oracle and SQL databases
• Administration knowledge of Sharepoint 2010/2013
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Application Support Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly