Relationship Support Manager
Relationship Support Manager
As a Barclays Relationship Support Manager based in Cardiff, you'll play a key role in our Business Banking team. You'll maintain and develop relationships with a portfolio of complex business banking customers, dealing with a range of requests in a personal and professional way. You'll be a member of a collaborative team and will work with stakeholders across the bank, furthering your skills and experience in client, business and risk management.
About the team:
You will work as part of a team of Relationship Support Managers led by a Head of Support Team. You'll work alongside and support your Relationship Directors to manage a portfolio of Business Banking Clients.
As a Relationship Support Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Closely working with one or more Relationship Directors to manage a portfolio of complex clients
• Delighting customers and maximising overall satisfaction & advocacy
• Promoting the use of e-channels & telephony to make life easier for customers
• Taking accountability for your own development, including on-the-job work and study for Institute of Financial Services (IFS) qualification
• Supporting more junior colleagues with credit applications & providing support as required for credit
• Ensuring compliance with mandatory risk policies and procedures relating to governance
As a Relationship Support Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Strong customer service, communication, organisational and multi-tasking skills from experience in a similar role
• Track record of delivering results through building relationships
• Strong experience in a control and rigour environment, including risk management
• Strong experience managing internal stakeholders
• A good understanding of business banking products and services
• Qualified or working towards financial Professional Qualifications (for example, IFS), preferred
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.