Care Assistant - Llanishen - fixed rolling rota!
- Full Time
Ty Coch Nursing Home, Llanishen, Cardiff
38.5 hours per week
Days - £7.61 per hour / £7.75 with QCF / NVQ level 2
Nights - £8.18 per hour / £8.30 with QCF / NVQ level 2
Linc-Cymru Housing Association is pleased to announce the acquisition of Ty Coch Nursing Home in Llanishen. Ty Coch is the latest addition to our expanding portfolio of care services in South Wales, with Linc-Cymru currently operating Penylan House in Cardiff and Capel Grange in Newport. As we expand our range of services, we are looking for dedicated individuals whom want to deliver the highest standards of person centered care in the not for profit sector.
Our Care Assistants and Nurses work together as part of a supportive care team to deliver consistently high quality care and we very much promote a team culture. With generous staffing levels you can be assured that you have the time and space to ensure you deliver person-centred care every day.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of care are maintained by supporting / assisting Elders with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assisting Elders who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of mobility aids and personal equipment provided.
- Making and changing beds, tidying rooms and maintaining Elders clothing.
You must be able to manage multiple tasks through to completion and handle difficult situations sensitively, adapting promptly to the changing needs of our Elders, always demonstrating sound judgement, common sense and initiative. To be successful in this role, you must be reliable and committed to making a positive difference to the Elders and have a genuine interest and enthusiasm in delivering person-centred care.
Despite being in the not-for-profit sector, Linc's aim is to operate with commercial awareness and return any profits for the good of the services it operates, the people who use those services, or the wider community.
- The home operates 12 hour shifts from 8am to 8pm or 8pm to 8am.
- Full time roles involve working 3 shifts per week, across both days and nights.
- Each 12 hour shift comes with a 30 minute paid break, and a second 30 minute unpaid break.
- Uniform is provided free of charge, along with a DBS check.
- Overtime is often available for those staff wishing to pick up more hours.
There couldn't be a better and more exciting time to join Linc!