Chefs - Cardiff
- Full Time
1 x Chef
1 x Maternity cover Chef
£16,184.04 per annum (inclusive of 13% shift allowance)
30 hours per week
Location: Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for developing and promoting sport and physical activity in Wales. We aim to get every child hooked on sport for life in Wales and to build a nation of champions. We have a clear and compelling Vision for Sport in Wales that is ambitious in scope and bold in its outcomes, and allows the sector to better develop and deliver positive experiences for all.
We now have an exciting opportunity for Chef to join our busy Catering Team.
We are looking for candidates who have at least 2 years' experience of working within a Catering Team and hold an NVQ level 2 or 3 in food preparation.
Working as part of a small team of chefs on a 3 week rota, with 1 weekend off in 3. Days worked will be 5 out of 7 and will either be early (7am-1.30pm) or late (12 noon-6.30pm).
In this busy role, you will be expected to:
- Prepare and produce food in accordance with production schedules, standard recipes, specifications and standards as instructed.
- Complete Allergen information as instructed.
- Adhere to strict and safe hygienic working and personal hygiene procedures, in line with Sport Wales Food Safety Management System.
- Carry out daily and weekly periodic cleaning tasks in accordance with the cleaning schedules.
- Order produce as needed using nominated suppliers.
- Liaise with Sports Institute Nutritionists to support in providing menus for elite athletes and squads as required.
- Carry out online and on the job training as needed.
In this hands-on role, you must be able to demonstrate strong practical and creative cooking skills, be highly organised, flexible and pro-active. Excellent communication and customer service skills are also essential, together with the ability to self-motivate and manage your time effectively.
A passion for food is a must, along with a knowledge of what's “on trend” in the food industry. A strong knowledge of Nutrition and Health and Wellbeing would be desirable, but is not essential.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.