Systems Support Analyst
- Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Provide predominantly 1st & 2nd line support, reviewing, analysing, designing, modifying, testing, and debugging programs within the ERP software and other third party applications to support the organization's application system and integration requirements in support of the end user community
• Help design/configure/test/implement new modules to improve system efficiency, resolve data and functional related issues.
• Perform developer unit testing and execute a comprehensive system test prior to user testing.
• Assist in day-to-day operational support of systems, including maintenance tasks and end user support through the company standard helpdesk system.
• Prepare and submit periodic written reports for projects in process and also provide status reports on issue(s) resolutions and root cause corrections.
• Provide technical guidance in the assessment of existing processes and their continuous improvement.
• Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
• Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
• Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
• Relevant hands-on experience in a similar technical role in the field.
• Working knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
• Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
• A background in Database design in Microsoft SQL and Access.
• Working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
• Working knowledge of Oracle e-Business/SAP or similar would be advantageous.
• Strong project management skills with effective results focus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.