Environmental, Health & Safety Professional
As an EHS Professional you will work together with the Site Management team to lead and drive delivery of EHS at the Newport Site. You will act as a custodian of health and safety working practices and monitor company practice to ensure it meets or exceeds regulatory, contractual and customer requirements. Being a confident, engaged and proactive individual you will help Thermo Fisher Scientific meet their EHS goals locally, making improvements to EHS standards and adding value through EHS productivity/sustainability projects.
- Take the lead to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance and improve EHS standards in cooperation with the site Operations Management team
- Work with Site Management team to deliver on our HSE goals and objectives at local and regional level
- Drive EHS productivity/sustainability initiatives at the site engaging employees to identify projects that result in less waste, energy or water by encouraging reuse of resources
- Lead interactions with UK EHS regulatory agencies, such as NRW (National Resources Wales - environmental protection agency) and HSE (Health & Safety Executive) on all EHS matters
- Provide hands on technical support & guidance to the Site Management team on a range of EHS topics
- Provide thorough and meaningful communication with all levels of the business, external auditors and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the business, including any external partners, supporting the management team to ensure the continuous improvement of health and safety performance on site.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all Health and Safety related matters, which can then be used for internal performance monitoring, external auditing and for inclusion in internal and external reporting.
- Track and analyse EHS metrics and report to site and externally to the Corporate and LSG global EHS teams as required
- Oversee and conduct incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Deliver effective training programs for employees
- Conduct and coordinate periodic inspections and audits to ensure that EHS standards are routinely met
- Partner with Management team on common projects and issues
- Manage and be a key member of site emergency response and incident management team
- Manage EHS programs within budget
- Participate in EMEA and global Facilities & EHS network in sharing best practice, incidents, and working towards regional & global goals
- To carry out such other duties as may be required to achieve the overall purpose of the job.
- Embrace and live the Company's 4-I values (Intensity, Integrity, Innovation & Involvement)
- As Required.
- Requires professional EHS training to NEBOSH or equivalent standard
- Experience of working in a busy, fast paced facility managing diverse projects & initiatives
- A track record of adding value through completion of improvement projects and delivering on EHS objectives
- Demonstrate through specific examples your ability to collaborate, build teamwork and lead by example
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, managers and senior leaders
- Ideally a degree in a science, engineering or environmental subject
- Experience of working within a manufacturing organisation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and / or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Apply for Environmental, Health & Safety Professional
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly