Senior HR & Operations Manager
We are a rapidly-growing social enterprise and are the largest community currency organisation in the world. Our work builds strong, resilient communities and gives people the tools to make real lasting changes in their lives. We are growing at the moment building new programmes and maintaining and growing existing networks across Wales and England.
We are looking for a key individual to take on the role of Senior HR & Operations Manager to lead and manage day to day operational support and delivery across the organisation. Like everything at Spice, the work is fast-moving, creative and varied.
You will be responsible for working with the Head of Finance & Operations to ensure that Spice's HR and other operational processes run smoothly. The role is flexible and varied, covering a wide range of tasks including the following:
HR & Compliance
• Responsibility for Spice HR policies & procedures and ensuring compliance with these
• Responsibility for all recruitment processes, ensuring line managers are supported during recruitment, induction and probation of new staff members
• Coordination of Spice wellbeing initiatives (Happiness at Work survey)
• Management of staff welfare and development issues
• Coordination and management of staff performance and appraisal system
• Responsibility for development and implementation of Spice's annual Learning & Development plan
• Coordination and monitoring of staff training
• Management of staff records in accordance with GPDR
• Management of staff leave and other absences system (Team Seer)
• Ensure safeguarding compliance
• Ensure DBS compliance
• Responsibility for health & safety procedures and compliance
• Management of one Ops team staff member (based in Cardiff)
• Provide cover for the above staff member when on leave e.g. IT issues, etc.
Facilities & office management
• Contract management and liaison with landlords/agents, utilities and insurance
• Management of staff office including equipment and supplies
• Management of Spice's IT and communications systems and equipment
• Coordination of monthly payroll with outsourced accountancy support
• Coordination of pensions including auto-enrolment
• Management of expenditure/income and oversight of payments for selected budgets
• Assisting the Head of Finance & Operations with any other operations, administration, finance or HR related tasks which may be required
Deadline for applications: 9am on 23 Aug 2017
Interview date: Shortlisting and peer appraisal interviews: 30 Aug 2017
Interviews will be held in either London and/or Cardiff and Skype may be used
Please do not apply if you will not be able to make these interview dates, either in person or via video conference.
We regret that we will only be able to reply to and give feedback to shortlisted applicants.