Financial Controller - Merthyr Tydfil
3 days left
- Full Time
Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1YH
Reporting to: Financial Director
Direct Reports: 2
Main Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department. Reporting to the Finance Director in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing finance department staff in day-day operations.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities:
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Prepayments and accruals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month-end reports and journal entries
- Preparation of Monthly accounts
- P & L Review
- Bank Reconciliations
- Invoice Discounting Reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Assist with stock takes
- Cash Management
- HP/Loan schedules
- Returns for the Office of National Statistics
- Contracts - telephones
- Insurance renewal
- Fleet (DS)
- Intrastats (MG)
- Payroll (GB)
- Currency transactions
- Making Supplier Payments and dealing with telephone queries
- Filing returns on Companies House
- Maintaining various spread sheets for Management Information
- Production of the Audit File and dealing with the external Auditors
- Dealing with Bank communication and the Relationship Managers
- Providing support to other departments
- Preparation of the Financial Calendar
Skills & Experience
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have proficient pc/keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft office including Word & Excel.
- Good planning and organisational skills, able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the required standard
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to continuously improve the way they work.
- Must have the ability to deal with difficult situations calmly and objectively.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team, and take an active part in team working and achievement of objectives.
- Able to work well unsupervised and demonstrate initiative.
- Confident dealing with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Ability to make effective decisions and to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritise activities in line with business requirements.
If you are interested in this position please Apply Online Now and send us your full CV and covering letter.
Apply for Financial Controller - Merthyr Tydfil
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly