We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sommelier at this prestigious city centre restaurant and private dining venue in Cardiff.
Our client is a multi-award winning 3 Rosette level fine dining restaurant with award winning wine list of over 1800 bins. They are not a high volume restaurant and focus on quality service and giving the customer an experience that they will not forget and their recent awards include:
* 3 Stars - Worlds Best Wine List Awards 2017 - Jury Prize - Top 120 Restaurants in the World
* Condé Nast Johansens Champagne Taittinger Wine List of The Year 2017
* Condé Nast Johansens Champagne Taittinger Best Fine Wines By the Glass 2017
* Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence 2017
As Sommelier you will be responsible for developing the wine service in the restaurant and duties will include offering a full wine service to guests and therefore you will have a thorough knowledge of all menu and wine list offerings and have the ability to advise each guest on certain wines and offer food and wine combinations.
We are looking for a professional Sommelier looking to offer their services and professionalism within a new environment whilst continuing to build on your knowledge.
The successful candidate for the role of Sommelier must have previous experience as a Sommelier, flair, charisma, charm and a great smile along with the following:
· A Sommelier qualification (e.g Master Court of Sommeliers) and/or WSET level 2/3 is advantageous but not essential.
· Be very organised and financially aware
· Cellar management, sales and pricing must be second nature to you
Final Salary will be dependent on experience as we are willing to consider less experienced candidates that can demonstrate passion & a good degree of knowledge.
For the role of Sommelier there is an excellent salary depending on experience plus:
* 28 days paid holiday plus tips
* Sponsorship into Court of Master Sommeliers
* 2 consecutive days off a week
* Dental Coverage and Mobile phone Insurance
* Exclusive employee perks and big discounts from some of the UK’s biggest brands.
* 50% of Wine through our staff wine purchase scheme.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Catering, hospitality, restaurant, wine, sommelier, rosette