As a Barclay's Personal Assistant (PA), you will be responsible for proactively managing the office of Managing Directors (MD) & Directors and will act as gatekeeper for all visitors and queries, demonstrating a superior level of business knowledge which allows for these to be fielded appropriately also providing professional phone cover aiming to answer as many queries as possible without reference to MD/Director. You will build relationships with Senior Executives and external business influencers; communicating in an efficient and professional manner.
Overseas Services has a range of banking and investment management solutions based in four of the world's leading financial centres. The business supports 61,000 clients in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and around the world from local business and retail clients to trust companies and fiduciaries by providing banking, credit, treasury and investment solutions to overseas customer segments through a relationship-led service, online channels and product specialists. Our ambition is to deliver overseas expertise and specialism for our clients and act as gateway to the wider Barclays Group.
As a Personal Assistant, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Supporting MD/Director and Jersey Platform requirements in respect of Marketing, PR and Corporate Responsibility/Citizenship agenda
• Providing extensive and complex diary management, ensuring balance between workflow and meetings is achieved; using judgement to prioritise meeting requests from both internal and external individuals
• Providing high quality administrative support, including travel booking, processing expenses, tracking holidays and absences and filing all relevant documents
• Event organisation both internal staff meetings and external client events, liaising with appropriate suppliers and contacts to ensure best value for money and professional standards are maintained
• Attending client events both to ensure smooth running of the event and to network with clients and other attendees and ensure that any contacts are followed up
• Taking personal ownership for resolving queries and issues which impact on day to day work
As a Personal Assistant, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Extensive experience within senior management administration, preferably within the financial services sector
• A good academic record and a good working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience in financial services would also be preferable
• A strong work ethic and have a proven ability to think and plan ahead of schedule
• General knowledge of banking and operational procedures
• Highly developed administration and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
• The ability to multitask, whilst working to tight deadlines and maintaining accuracy
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.
Salary: . Date posted: 27/06/2017