Contract Type: 12 Months Temp
Job Elements: -
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an improvement project to optimise protein conjugation conditions, and implementing these into manufacturing processes.
- Within the conjugation project, the scientist will be responsible for generating project timelines and executing the project plan. The project plan is to include experimental design, performing laboratory work, analysis of results, report writing; communication of results, validation of change and attendance at project and supporting meetings.
- The role is a mix between laboratory work and desk based activities which include planning and coordinating activities and results analysis and reporting. The mix between practical and non-practical shifts significantly between project stages.
- In addition, the job will require the candidate to support other projects within the group by means of writing protocols, sending work requests, ordering materials and executing any part of the project plan. Other projects in the group can include changes to raw materials or changes to manufacturing protocols.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other scientific field.
- Goal driven. Can deliver the project to timelines set out in the project plan.
- A quick learner.
- Excellent cross functional team-working skills
- An understanding of protein conjugation chemistry and purification
- Experience in laboratory using protein purification and protein characterisation techniques (eg. HPLC, DLS)
- Experience of Minitab or other statistical analysis applications
- Six Sigma Process Excellence certification to Green Belt level
- Experiencing in leading technical projects within a highly regulated manufacturing environment
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Project Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly