Technical Call Vetting Engineer
- Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Working with customers to remotely diagnose and rectify faults logged on customers' equipment to ensure full functionality according to manufacturer's specifications.
• Where a remote fix is not possible, to identify, order and monitor parts required by a field service engineer onsite.
• Provide technical support to field service engineers on a broad range of IT equipment.
• Keeping customers informed at all times of progress of work.
• Report escalations to relevant helpdesk in accordance with each customers' relevant escalation procedure.
• Be part of the Technical Services Group rota working evenings and weekends when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• GCSE Maths and English
• IT hardware and software training
• Experience of dealing with customers directly.
• PC and peripheral equipment hardware and software repair experience.
• Mechanical ability.
• Good attitude and communication style when dealing with customers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and in particular using the telephone.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.