Commercial Lending Assistant
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We are currently looking for motivated individuals to join this busy team, and undertake administrative tasks to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
As directed by the Commercial Support Team Manager, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking administration of new business and existing plans in accordance with company procedures;
- Keeping the departmental systems up to date, scanning documents and recording progress of each piece of work promptly;
- Maintaining the offsite filing records and managing the daily recall and return of files to the offsite location;
- Coordinating the incoming and outbound mail on a daily basis;
- Dealing with routine queries, liaising by telephone and email with customers (or third parties), as required;
- Compiling and distribution of monthly reports an accurate and timely manner.
The successful candidate must be computer literate, organised and able to work under their own initiative. You will have the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure at times. A high level of attention to detail is important. You will also be required to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (including English and Maths), is essential. Experience gained within the financial services industry is beneficial, but not essential.