Head Sommelier - up to £24K
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sommelier to join our client’s 3 Rosette Fine Dining restaurant with an award-winning wine list of over 1600 bins based in Cardiff.
Our client is a multi-award winning restaurant renowned for its food, wine and cocktails. They are not a high volume restaurant and focus on quality service and giving the customer an experience that they will not forget. Their recent awards include:
* Conde Nast Johansens Champagne Taittinger Wine List of The Year 2017
* 3 Stars - Worlds Best Wine List Awards 2017
* Jury Prize - Top 120 Restaurants in the World
* Condé Nast Johansens Champagne Taittinger Best Fine Wines By the Glass 2017
* Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence 2016
The Role of Head Sommelier
As Sommelier you will be responsible for: developing the wine service in the restaurant and duties will include offering a full wine service to guests.
You will therefore need a thorough knowledge of all menu and wine list offerings and have the ability to advise each guest on certain wines and offer food and wine combinations.
This role would suit a professional Sommelier looking for a new challenge and looking to offer their services and professionalism within a new environment whilst continuing to build on their knowledge.
As a Sommelier you must have:
* Flair, charisma and charm
* A Sommelier qualification (e.g. Master Court of Sommeliers) and/or WSET level 2/3 would be advantageous
* Previous experience as a Sommelier
* Excellent organisational skills and financial awareness
* Cellar management, sales and pricing will be second nature to you
For the role of Head Sommelier there is a salary on offer of up to £21,000 to £24,000 depending upon experience.
Our client will also consider less experienced candidates that can demonstrate passion & a good degree of knowledge.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Catering, hospitality, restaurant, wine, sommelier, rosette