Fantastic opportunity not to be missed! Hafan Saff Cyf are looking for a Deputy Manager (Children & Young People) to join the team in Wales. Joining us on a full time fixed term contract basis to cover maternity leave, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 per annum.
Hafan Saff Cyf is a Tier 1 provider on the Mid and South Wales Children’s Services Framework. We are committed to high quality, child focused care and to developing an engaged and professional staff team. We achieve this by proactively developing the skills and experience of our staff through regular supervision, ongoing support, training and a competency based appraisal process.
We are currently seeking to hire a Deputy Manager (Children & Young People) to join us on a fixed term contract to provide Maternity Cover for a period of 12 months. You will have significant experience of working within a Residential Children’s Home at supervisory level.
While the initial arrangement will be to cover Maternity we are a company who plan to expand and will open our third home in late 2017. There are therefore opportunities to remain with the company and to build a longer term future with Hafan Saff.
So what do we offer the ideal Deputy Manager (Children & Young People)?
- Opportunities to build a career with us as we grow.
- A culture of co-operation and communication, where contributions are welcomed from staff at all levels.
- Providing leading edge training, as yet unavailable anywhere else.
- Pro-actively supporting our staff through regular supervision, ongoing support, training and appraisals.
- Employing a performance based compensation structure.
The responsibilities of the Deputy Manager (Children & Young People) will include;
- Be the nominated person in charge of the home in the Registered Manager’s absence. Such responsibility may potentially come into effect at short notice and out of normal shift rotation.
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Financial Matters
- Staff Management
- Health & Safety
- Take responsibility for specific aspects of running the home as directed by the Manager
In addition the Deputy Manager (Children & Young People) will
- Enforce standards
- Accommodate compliance issues with demands of the business
- Promote a positive and appropriate culture
- Establish clear channels of Communication
- Have up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation and its application to the home’s operations
Ideally you will already hold as a minimum QCF Level Advanced Practitioner, Children and Young People and have gained experience of working within a Children’s Residential Setting.
If you are interested in finding out more and would like to register your interest in the Deputy Manager (Children & Young People) role, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please click apply now!