UK - Wales - Cardiff • Job ID 1968
Alert Logic is seeking an experienced Engineer to join our highly motivated and skilled software development team in Houston, Texas. We are looking for an individual to become a part of our Integration Services Team to maintain and enhance our highly scalable SaaS web based applications utilized by our network security and compliance customers. As member of the team you will take part in feature and maintenance development in our backend services stack. As a crucial part of the team, it is expected that you take ownership of independent tasks and thrive in a fast-paced agile environment with minimal administration.
- Work with your team and collaborate with Architect, Product and Team Leads when necessary to understand current behavior and design in order to triage issues and implement features that ensure the satisfaction of our customers.
- Work independently to implement complex solutions for customer requests and issue resolution while ensuring consistency in behavior and performance.
- Ensure quality of solution through the creation of unit tests in addition to functional testing.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Participate in product releases.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of proven hands on experience developing for Linux Distributions (Debian or CentOS).
- 3+ years of proven hands on experience developing high performance enterprise applications.
- 3+ years of proven hands on experience with C/C++.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, with emphasis on HTTP.
- Experience using git source control system.
Desired Skills, Experience and Education
- Experience with functional programming languages (Erlang, LISP, Haskell).
- Experience developing production applications using noSQL database technology such as Riak, Voldemort, or Cassandra.
- Experience using one or more map reduce frameworks.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and experience with high volume transaction processing.
- Contribution to one or more open source projects.
- Experience working with remote teams in different time zones.
- Experience in network security.
- Experience in scrum methodology.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering.
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results