DFT/468/17/DVLA Estates Property and Project Manager
Do you have a strong background in Property Management? Do you have experience of managing property related projects? If so we would love to hear from you. We are currently looking for an Estates Project and Property Manager to join our Estates Management team at the DVLA.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day monitoring and management of our Estates projects and builds, acting as the principle point of contact for our service partners. You will be responsible for the timely delivery of all our key and lifecycle projects across the DVLA estate driving performance across key milestones. You will be accountable for the effective management of property leases and memorandum of terms of occupation (MOTOS).
Additional Functional Accountabilities:
• Effective management of all real estate's matters affecting the efficient running of the estate. Responsible for reporting of regular and timely information to Estates Project, Property and Security Stream Lead, and or Head of Estates
• Manage the introduction of projects into the PFI Contract - potentially involving build, assignment of lease, life-cycle replacement and Facilities management. Initial point of contact for complaints and issues in relation to capital works
• Provide management on building related projects within the DVLA estate
• High-level project management on new builds, reporting against plan, risks changes, dependencies and mitigating actions. Act as a liaison point for the PFI provider and Professional advisors on new projects
• Attendance at respective Project checkpoint and progress meetings as and when required
• Responsible for the approval of the pass through element of the PFI financial arrangements and authorisation/certification of associated invoices
• Management of the Local Office Capital works and Real Estates team and the Remote Workers - Local Office real estate portfolio. Management of property leases and MOTOS
• Assist and provide estates and property knowledge to Estates management team to help develop future Estates Strategy
You will come with a background in property management with extensive experience of managing property related projects. You will have experience of monitoring contractor performance and the production of performance/progress reports to identify any areas of improvement. You will have experience participating in progress meetings and reviews of contractor proposals. You will come with extensive stakeholder management experience both internally and externally with the skills and experience to influence effectively across all levels.
Additional skills & experiences:
• Experience of managing a team and driving performance
• Experience of managing property leases / MOTOS
• Be able to contribute to the development and continual enhancement of services
• Influencing skills - be comfortable in pushing back and providing direction for your stakeholders
• The ability to manage challenge and conflict professionally to ensure commercial objectives are fulfilled
• Strong and adaptable communication skills
• Highly organised with the ability to manage your own time effectively
• Flexible and adaptable to change
There could be some travel and overnight stays in this role, it is therefore essential that you hold a valid UK driving licence.
For your CV and personal statement please provide detailed evidence of how you meet the requirements of the role using the job profile and job advert as a guide for your response
Please note that any part of the Job Profile could be tested at sift/interview.
If invited to interview, this may consist of a range of question types. These could include questions about your strengths or how you would respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, the benefits that come with it are excellent. The package includes generous leave entitlement, attractive pension options, flexible working and other policies to enable a good work/life balance, including beneficial childcare arrangements. You'll also benefit from our commitment to nurturing and developing talent.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Salary: GBP29,832 - GBP32,367. Date posted: 14/06/2017