Area Administrator - Aberaeron, Wales (37.5 hours per week)
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
A truly fantastic and highly rewarding opportunity has arisen for an Area Administrator to join a small but efficient team in Aberaeron, Wales.
You will be a vital part of our team by providing key support to Managers in South West Wales, helping them to deliver support services to people with a learning disability.
Working effectively and collaboratively as part of a team you will ensure you deliver a high quality, efficient and professional customer service. You will be required to work Monday - Friday 9am-5pm although we do require you to be flexible on occasion.
As a self-motivated and competent Administrator with an excellent telephone manner, you will be able to work at a fast pace and to tight deadlines with minimal direction. In particular, you will be supporting with recruitment administration, typing, building internal and external relationships, maintaining systems and minute taking.
You will need to:
• Work within a pressured and fast paced administrative role.
• Be flexible in your approach.
• Manage multiple tasks at any one time and prioritise your own workload.
• Have advanced computing skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This role has a regional remit so you must be able to travel independently to other Mencap locations as and when required.
If you feel that this is the role for you, then we would love to hear from you! Please don't hesitate to click the pink 'Apply' button below to complete the application process.
Vacancy ID: 8579
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract