Transfer Station & Bulk Waste Manager
Main Purpose of Job Role:
Responsible for helping to achieve the smooth operation of our Carmarthen Hazardous and Non Hazardous Transfer Station operations.
You will be required to:
- Manage the Transfer Station in accordance with the existing Environmental Permit and in accordance with changing legislation.
- Organise the technical documentation necessary to comply with pre-collection requirements.
- Ensure that both incoming and outgoing materials are received and dispatched correctly in accordance with customer and supplier specifications.
- Communicate with all the relevant departments and co-ordinate all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure processes are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Plan, schedule and review the daily workload to ensure processing output targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Ensure that the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required is available at all times in order to achieve processing and performance targets.
- Manage the Inventory function /stock control to ensure material is receipted, located, stored and transferred correctly and that the company’s material inventory is accurate.
- Determine the best process, disposal / recycling route available for each material and ensure each material is dealt with in the best manner depending on circumstances.
As the Transfer Station and Bulk Waste Manager you will be a member of the Senior Management Team responsible for the determination and achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
- Transfer Station Management
Management of all Transfer Station Staff to ensure operation in compliance with National Resources Wales and HSE legislation.
Will be heavily involved in the development of a new Transfer Station facility scheduled to replace the current facility within the next 24 months.
- Production, Planning and Scheduling of Transfer Station Workload
Pre-plan Transfer Station processing and deploy a daily prioritised work schedule to the Transfer Station staff with appropriate time deadline targets.
Set, monitor and review work load schedule.
Monitor and review processing progress against deadline targets to ensure on time deadlines.
Adjust the production schedule as required and communicate any changes as necessary.
Monitor and review processing to ensure correct quality standards.
Ensure all plant and equipment defects are reported quickly and that repairs are instigated.
- Inventory Management
Ensure incoming product is processed and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
Ensure materials are ready and available for processing as and when required.
. Ensure that all Transfer Station related inventory systems are run efficiently and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
Manage the dispatch of Transfer Station material to ensure best value is achieved and compliance with all permit limits.
Maintain the Transfer Station material tracking system in accordance with all permit requirements.
- Health & Safety
Promote and maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Operational Performance
Monitor and manage production KPI’s to generate data for performance related bonus options.
Develop and implement operational improvements.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a current valid SEPA COTC level 4 qualification with Hazardous waste caveat.
- Have a working understanding of quality management systems.
- Have a working understanding of H&S best practice and legislation.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Have the ability to build an enthusiastic team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively.
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Be able to get things done and make things happen to achieve the aims of process management and the business.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.