Salary £18-£20k basic (depending on experience) with OTE of £25k
An award winning niche travel company are looking for an experienced Travel Consultant to join their friendly team in Cardiff city centre. You will be working with a ski destination specialist, that has built its reputation on putting customers first and really cares about the quality of services provided.
The company are launching a brand new online travel agency alongside their existing brand and are looking for an experienced travel consultant to come on board and hit the ground running. You will be working as part of a small team and will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the business.
The company is based in a beautifully re-furbished, contemporary office space in Cardiff city centre.
The position is full-time but there may be potential to offer as a part time job share.
- The creation and conversion to sale of package holiday products, including both dynamically packaged and tour operator products.
- Taking the initiative to become a true country specialist, keeping in touch with product developments and gaining an expert inside knowledge of local hotels, flights and transfer options (destination training and resort visits will be provided).
- To embrace the ski product and become an expert in the options available to clients including lift passes, ski school and equipment hire (full training will be provided if you do not come from a ski background).
- Manage relationships with an existing loyal customer base as well as attracting and engaging new clients.
- To make the most of every single genuine 'sales enquiry' received, using your time effectively to maximise revenue and profit.
- To ensure the product sold to our clients and the supporting information is to the highest standard.
- Confidently communicate with clients mainly via e-mail and over the phone.
- Demonstrating a total commitment to customer service at every stage. It's your objective to ensure all clients return home having had a trip which exceeds their expectations, maintaining a strong reputation for repeat business and client recommendations.
- Check supplier invoices and manage long-standing supplier relations.
- To stay up to date with travel industry regulations and protocol.
- A travel industry professional with a minimum 2 years of recent experience working within a UK based travel agency (retail or online).
- A strong knowledge of travel agency operations and holiday booking processes, including both tour operator packages and tailor made products.
- An energetic, can-do attitude with a desire to progress yourself individually as well as the business.
- A fast learner who's happy to take initiative and ownership over own workload.
- Good financial acumen with the ability to manage profit margins and cost control.
- Natural organiser, ability to multi-task with high attention to detail.
- Passionate about customer service and goes above and beyond for customers.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and effectively resolve issues.
- A solid understanding of ski product would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided in this area.
The role would be well-suited to an experienced travel agent / consultant or similar, and is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop their career and diversify their skill set within a specialist brand.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER STATING YOUR REASONS FOR APPLYING AND WHY YOU FEEL THIS JOB WOULD SUIT YOU.