KSR has a unique opportunity available for a Test Technician to join the team in Swansea. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £21,000 - £28,000 per annum plus shifts DOE.
Since 1946, KSR has been an industry leader in designing, engineering and manufacturing fixed pedal modules, electronic throttle controls, automotive sensors, steering ECUs and power modules. With eight worldwide locations on three continents, KSR’s global footprint includes manufacturing facilities in North America, UK, mainland Europe and Asia. Sales, R & D and engineering offices are in Canada, US, Germany, UK and China.
The Test Technician shall actively support a busy manufacturing environment by attending to equipment breakdowns and performing proactive maintenance on key test equipment.
You shall lead the analysis of Production rejects with the aim of identifying root cause and participating in continuous improvement projects.
You shall also support Engineering projects by assisting with new equipment builds including circuit assembly, wiring and fixture modifications. There are also opportunities for the Test Technician to support Engineering with NPI activities including testing of components and sub-assemblies for NPI and/or low volume sample projects.
What are the responsibilities of the Test Technician?
- Attend to and resolve breakdowns with Production and Engineering test equipment.
- Accountable for test equipment proactive maintenance targets.
- Expected to perform Test Development tasks in support of the Test Engineering Group.
- Expected to perform reject analysis and technical reports to aid continuous improvement.
- Participates in failure analysis, DOEs and 8D problem solving activities.
- Supports the overall objectives of the department and the team.
- Demonstrates flexibility both in working hours and project activities.
What do we look for in a Test Technician?
- Candidate should hold a higher level engineering qualification such as a degree, H.N.C or equivalent. Previous engineering experience would be considered.
- Must be fully conversant with electronic instrumentation and measurement techniques.
- Proven track record in repair and maintenance of test equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in high volume/high reliability automotive electronics environment.
- Experience working on mixed test platforms including in-circuit, parametric & functional test systems.
- Experience is required for prototype building to include PCB assembly, fixture wiring & panel cutting.
- Must have ability to participate in a team environment and contribute to cross-functional activities.
- Will be willing to learn, be trained and develop an ability to fault find and diagnose issues.
- The ability to identify and solve problems using own initiative and understanding.
- Must be capable of accurately interpreting measurement data using standard test instruments.
- Capable of reading schematic drawings, wiring diagrams and product assembly drawings.
- Possesses Health & Safety knowledge - IOSH Managing Safely qualification is desirable.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an industry leading company as our Test Technician.