Multi Skilled Fitter
7 days left
- Full Time
Calsonic Kansei has a unique opportunity available for a Multi Skilled Fitter to join the team in Llanelli. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of £22,090.82 - £23,881.96 plus benefits.
Calsonic Kansei is a Global Automotive Company with a Network of 78 Bases in 16 Different Countries. Our Calsonic Kansei Research and Development Technology Departments develop Innovative and cutting edge Products with focus on the themes of Safety, Environment, and Comfort with competitive Price, Quality and Performance.
The role of the Multi Skilled Fitter is to maintain, improve and repair as required CKLL’s factory machines, tools and site services as required. This role reports to the Maintenance Co-Ordinator.
What are the responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Fitter?
- Able to provide engineering support in order to maintain, improve and repair factory machines, tools and site services as required.
- Strong technical ability and expertise covering wide range of facilities with above average problem solving skills, working on own initiative and closely with all site personnel.
- Interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and effect repairs, modifications or produce new within given tolerances.
- Determine methodical and effective ways of conducting engineering tasks.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with supervision any engineering resource support required.
- Contribute to manufacturing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work in a safe manner for own and others safety. Comply with Company Procedures and Health and Safety Statutory Regulations.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment e.g. presses, hydraulics and pneumatics. Including:
- Installation and re-siting of plant and equipment, replacing broken or obsolete components where necessary e.g. bearings etc.
- Carrying out routine maintenance checks on various plant and equipment e.g. power presses, boilers, conveyors.
- Fabricating components e.g. plates using various items of machinery e.g. drilling machines, grinding wheels etc.
- Salvaging usable mechanical components from broken or obsolete installations.
- Assisting in the training of apprentices.
- Adhering to good housekeeping policy.
- Carrying out quality checks as required.
What skills do I need to have to become a Multi Skilled Fitter?
- Qualified Maintenance Fitter/Toolmaker with factory experience.
- A sound knowledge of Mechanical principles.
- Computer literate. Can work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ideally qualified to NVQ Level 3 Engineering or equivalent.
- Ideally qualified in HNC in Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proven experience in the maintenance and repair of factory machinery.
- Proven experience in a fast paced environment.
- A good working knowledge of mechanical principles, pneumatic & hydraulic systems.
- Maintain uptime of machinery.
- Support analysis of downtime with data input and report writing.
- Communicate proficiently.
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
This position requires the person to work in a factory which is generally clean but there may be occasions when the incumbent will be expected to work in areas less desirable than the norm. On occasions physical effort may be required in moving items around the factory. The role may entail periods of work / training off site, which will mean the candidate having to spend time away from home.
39 hours per week Monday - Friday. Additional hours are expected to be worked in line with business needs and requirements. The role is offered on a shift working basis.
Package and Salary:
- Salary Range: £22,090.82 - £23,881.96
- 25 days annual holidays
- British Bank Holidays
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - company will match up to a 7% contribution
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join develop your career as our Multi Skilled Fitter.
Apply for Multi Skilled Fitter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly