Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for product development, formulation, production and testing of coatings.
• Solving problems with existing products.
• Attending technical meetings at customers.
• Attending customer application trials.
• Supporting activities at customers' plants - intermittent customer visits on a technical basis.
• Preparation of laboratory samples.
• Testing to customer specifications.
• Preparation of laboratory test reports.
• Process involvement projects.
• Reformulation of existing products to meet customer demands.
• Contact with new raw material suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Polymer Chemistry or related discipline.
• Chemical industry knowledge of processes and procedures.
• Formulating surface coating products.
• Knowledge of surface coating test methods.
• Spray application techniques.
• Experience with standard Microsoft packages.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.