Graduate Java Developer
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Working within the group's IT full-stack development team, this person will contribute to the design, development and improvement of IT systems integral to our business. The primary focus of the role is to use technical Java programming skills to maintain and enhance the in-house developed systems and their associated infrastructure.
This is an interesting technical role, that will suit a motivated and ambitious individual, as an opportunity for personal development and career progression. Reporting to the Software and Architecture Lead, duties will include:
• developing a thorough understanding of the infrastructure and design of the current systems and underlying code;
• developing and testing software applications according to specifications;
• assisting with the development of specifications and definition of development tasks to address business change requirements;
• monitoring software performance on new and existing software applications;
• analysing and resolving software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, providing status reports where required;
• liaising with the business to ensure deliverables are tested satisfactorily, and that issues raised during testing are resolved in a timely and effective way.
The successful candidate will be a graduate with a relevant IT or computer science degree of 2:1 or above. Knowledge or experience of developing Java and web-based applications would be a distinct advantage.