Planning and Logistics Manager
Job Elements: -
• To work with members of the Local and Global Planning team, Operations, Engineering, Sales and Procurement to ensure that production scheduling is completed as efficiently as possible.
• Lead a team of planners and customer order fulfillment professionals supporting the development of systems to improve site efficiency utilizing all available resources to plan production and work schedules in line with targets and meeting customer requirements.
• A leader / manager of comprehensive business experience in the use of MRP planning and SAP, Capacity requirement reporting, and Scheduling of identified production.
• Oversee all aspects of production planning and control and the implementation of associated MRP SAP control systems and processes, liaising with the sales and procurement teams for effective long term forecasting with the firming of material requirements and balancing of the workflow as well as forecasting long term scheduling.
• To produce and communicate daily production planning and scheduling plans.
• To plan and schedule workflow for each operational area.
• To ensure BOM data accuracy is maintained through regular housekeeping of data.
• To support Global Operations Planning process, producing data and analyzing sales detail as required.
• To produce department KPI's where applicable.
• To work closely with the procurement team carrying out forecasting and inventory analysis for future purchasing decisions.
• To contribute to CI initiatives to enhance throughput, product and service levels to our customer. To determine and implement appropriate planning processes within the business
The ideal candidate will have:
• The role requires A Good standard of education a professional planning qualifications is desirable.
• Computer literate in MS Office and Excel and have the ability to understand and interrogate MRP systems.
• Previous experience of SAP highly desirable
• At least 5 years or more previous production planning / scheduling experience gained within a low volume, high complexity manufacturing environment, along with proven success in improving processes.
• Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
• Experience and understanding of Kanban and safety stock levels.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.