New opportunities not to be missed! NSF International has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join the team in Oakdale, Gwent. As our Laboratory Technician you will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a very competitive salary.
NSF International brings verification of product performance and regulatory compliance to the water pipe and fittings industries; through materials testing, mechanical testing, certification, approval and consulting services to our worldwide client base. We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Laboratory Technician in our mechanical testing laboratory where we test a wide variety of materials intended for use in contact with drinking water for the UK and worldwide markets.
A Laboratory Technician working in our mechanical testing laboratory will be expected to undertake the below duties:
- Demonstrate an understanding of technical plumbing information and drawings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a plumbing product’s operation and the procedure to assess its operation in order to test it correctly and to understand the outcome should the fitting fail when in service
- Demonstrate an understanding of the quality controls that apply to the tests being undertaken
- Ability to follow and adhere to laboratory procedures and ensure tasks are completed on time and to a satisfactory level
- Able to perform a number of tests at Level 2 without the need for supervision, following completion of suitable training
- To assist and cooperate with other team members as necessary.
- A willingness to take on additional responsibilities from Senior Laboratory Technicians
- Preliminary recording of test results on dedicated test reports by both paper and electronic means, for checking by the supervisor or a fully trained colleague
- To take ownership of dedicated laboratory areas for the means of housekeeping
- Reporting of test results to other staff where necessary
- Provide verbal or written opinions and interpretations
- Accurate completion of paper and electronic test forms and the filing of such records
- Answering the phone courteously and taking/passing on messages accurately as required
- To integrate with the team and communicate both successes and areas for improvement at team meetings
- To work to all NSF HSE procedures at all times
Our ideal Laboratory Technician will have the following skills:
- Good standard of education, preferably including GCSEs (or similar qualifications) preferably in English, Maths and/or a Science, to ensure a level of skill in:
- Knowledge of plumbing and plumbing fittings
- Numeracy and literacy
- IT to include some familiarity with ‘Word’ and ‘Excel’ or related software packages
- An ability to follow instructions (written & verbal)
- Accurate recording of data/information
- Common sense to be able to work safely at all times
With excellent opportunities to develop NSF International is the perfect choice for you to build you career. Why not click apply today and become our Laboratory Technician - don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity.
NSF International is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST PLEASE