OVO Energy Administrator
Title: OVO Energy Administrator
Pay scale: £15,607.53 - £17,688.53 (pro rata)
Hours: 14.5 hours per week working Monday 9:00 – 17:00 and Friday 9:00 – 16:30 (hours and days not negotiable)
Contract: Fixed term from 19 June 2017 to 31st March 2018 (start date negotiable)
Benefits: 2% contributions to employer’s pension scheme. 25 days annual leave (pro rata), bank holidays (pro rata) and an additional 2.5 days to be taken between Christmas and the New Year (pro rata)
Responsible to: Citizens Advice Plymouth Energy Projects Coordinator
Work Base: Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth
Context of role:
This post will support the Citizens Advice Plymouth Energy team in running a project providing assistance to OVO Energy customers who are experiencing difficulty paying their energy bills. You will need to have previous experience of administrative work, good communication skills, and be well organised. Excellent IT and decision making skills are essential and you should enjoy working as part of a busy and motivated team. In addition, it would be beneficial (but not essential) to have an understanding of energy and/or debt advice.
- Adhere to processes and procedures to ensure that the fund is managed as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
- Update and maintain accurate statistical information for the project to ensure targets are being achieved.
- Be part of a strong administrative team within Citizens Advice Plymouth, providing cover and support for other team members.
- Be a welcoming and efficient point of contact for agencies and customers.
- Support the Energy team by providing administrative support.
- Maintain accurate case records for audit purposes, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the service through client feedback
- Ensure that all work conforms to Citizens Advice Plymouth systems and procedures
- Assess OVO Energy fund application forms, check quality of information/documents provided, make decisions and keep up to date records
- Assess applications for assistance using the appropriate toolkit and make appropriate referrals where applicable
- Liaising with clients and agencies by email and telephone
- Use photocopier, scanner, and other office machines as appropriate
- Use various software applications as necessary for the work involved, e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and Google.
- Any other relevant administrative and support duties required to ensure the smooth running of the unit.
- Keep up to date with legislation, case law, policies and procedures relating to energy advice and undertake appropriate training
- Read relevant publications
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings as agreed with the line manager
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/management team meetings as appropriate.
- Be aware of own learning needs
- Be aware of own behaviors and conduct
- Engage with and develop networks locally and nationally
Other duties and responsibilities
- Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service
- Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of the Citizens Advice service
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues
- Comply with all Citizens Advice information assurance guidelines.
- Ability to interpret information to be able to make decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and experience of commonly used packages including Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Express
- Good numeracy skills to a level required to carry out the tasks involved
- The ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise own work, meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team
- Understanding and commitment to the principles of the CAB service and its equal opportunities
- Understanding and experience of using PETRA (Citizens Advice case management system)
- Understanding and experience of using Google Drive.
CV’s not accepted
To apply please download an application pack please click apply
Closing date: Monday 5th June 2017 at 9:00am
Interview date: Friday 9th June 2017