Sessional Family Contact Support Worker
CYM348 Sessional Family Contact Support Worker (PW1)(As & When), Barnardo's Cymru Supervised Contact Outreach Service, South East Wales Locality
SALARY: £8.95 per hour
HOURS: As & when required
Barnardo's Cymru has a comprehensive experience and expertise of delivering supervised contact in Wales and currently delivers in the Boroughs of Cardiff, Caerphilly and Flintshire in North Wales working in partnership with CAFCASS providing expanding Barnardo's Cymru's specialist supervised contact services.
The main purpose of the role is to help parents build on their capacity to enhance their child/ren's health and development.
Your Initial Specific Responsibilities will be:
- To provide programmes of contact activity.
- To take appropriate action to protect children's safety and promote their welfare, intervening where this is threatened and terminating the contact if deemed necessary.
- To write or contribute to reports for courts or other agencies.
- To be prepared and able to give evidence in Proceedings if required.
- To undertake training as necessary including an initial induction.
The successful post holder will have:
- Experience of direct work with children and families in complex settings.
- Experience of completing family/child assessments.
- An understanding of family dynamics, the impact on children/parents of family breakdown and related issues.
- Ability to anticipate, diffuse and manage conflict.
- Ability to deal sensitively with people in stressful situations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and express yourself in Welsh.
You will be required to travel to and work at any place in Barnardo's South East Wales Locality, It is also a required to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.
Barnardo's will endeavour to offer you employment in the capacity set out above from time to time. However, there will be periods when no work is available. We have no obligation to provide you with any work, or to provide any minimum hours of work in any day or week. In addition, you are not required to accept work offered by us to you.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and shortlisting and interviews will be arranged accordingly.
For further information and to apply, please click apply searching for reference CYM348.
Closing Date: 3rd August 2017
Interview Date(s): TBC