Swansea, ASAP start.
Competitive salary plus sector benefits
Due to expansion, Swansea Building Society is seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to join it's finance team.
The role involves assisting in all aspects of the day to day operation of the finance department, including:
- Recording of daily treasury activities and bank reconciliations
- Ensuring all counter activity is recorded accurately on the core systems
- Providing the management team and Board with accurate reports and analysis
- Preparing monthly management accounts, including calculation and posting of journals, and account reconciliations
- Carrying out payments to supplier and valuers
- Preparing and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Ensuring salaries are prepared and processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Assisting in the preparation of returns for various Regulatory Bodies
The ideal candidate would be a graduate with a degree in finance and/or be AAT qualified, have good communication and IT skills, and be willing to seek out and recommend ways to continually improve the Society's procedures.
In return the Society can offer a competitive salary, 10% bonus, 25 days holiday and a defined contribution pension (10% of salary). In addition the candidate will have the opportunity to develop their professional expertise by studying for relevant qualifications such as AAT or ACCA.
If you believe you have the right skills please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you think you are right for the job by the “Apply” button on this page.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2017