BAY PRODUCTIONS LIMITED
Bay Productions is a “one stop” facility that offers a world class service to the Opera, Theatre, Television and Film industry. We construct Scenery for the largest and most prestigious theatre and Opera companies throughout the world
JOB VACANCY: Construction Draughtsperson-Scenery
Location - Cardiff
The Construction Draughtsperson's key role will be to produce 3D CAD models from designer drawings and scale models. They will also create 2D Assembly and Construction drawings for both steel fabrication and carpentry departments.
Working closely with the Drawing Office Manager and other team members, they will ensure that their projects are completed in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will require;
- A good understanding of construction techniques within both steel fabrication and carpentry.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to give instructions to others in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent time management and record keeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail and quality control.
- Ensure specifications and details are met throughout the build process.
- A proactive attitude towards work with the ability to work independently within a team.
- Competent I.T skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Enthusiasm for the role and the desire to develop and grow with the company.
- Experience within a similar role is desirable but not essential
- Proficiency in Bentley Microstation V8i/AutoCAD or similar CAD software experience would be advantageous
- An interest in general construction and scenery.
- CNC experience - designing and creating files or operational experience.
- Photoshop or similar photo editing software experience.
- Experience within Theatre, Television or Film industries.
- Engineering knowledge. Relevant Qualifications would be advantageous but not essential.
- 39 hours basic - with over time when required.
- Salary By Negotiation subject to experience