IT Support Analyst - Cardiff
IT Support Analyst
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Support Analyst's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Services delivered to the business and work as part of a team spread across multiple sites who are dedicated to delivering an outstanding IT service to the group. Responsible for the roll out of assigned IT related projects within the group, this person will have a proven track record in IT Support and Service delivery.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor Help Desk tickets and provide 1st / 2nd line onsite and remote support.
- Administer Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 in physical, Citrix and VMWare environments.
- Onsite and remote support for PC's, notebooks, smartphones and tablets.
- Advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting.
- Patch Management.
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Periodic site visits to provide onsite support at group sites in Barnsley, Comber, Ferndown, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Peterborough, Perth and Taffs Well.
- Provide after-hours support for IT related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance.
- Document best practices and support procedures.
- Develop and implement projects to deliver new technology solutions.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation.
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- To adhere to the company's Quality policy and Environmental policy
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
Technical knowledge, skills, experience and qualification
- Two to five years of hands-on experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment required.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft's Server Operating Systems 2003/2008/2012.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft's Client Operating Systems, primarily Windows 7/8/10.
- Extensive application support experience with Office 2013 / 365.
- Managing deployments / rollouts of PC's, phones and servers.
- Active Directory Group Policy and user and group administration.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information and with attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- ITIL Foundation
- University degree in the field of computer science or related area.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA) or equivalent certification.
- Management of enterprise SAN storage.
- Microsoft Azure administration.
- Microsoft IIS administration.
- Office 365 administration.
- SharePoint administration.
- SQL Server administration.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server / ESX or Microsoft HyperV / Virtual Server.
- Managing Citrix and Terminal Server installations.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP.
Resilience - Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn't dwell on past events.
Team Working - Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Supporting Others - Enjoys supporting other people and is prone to getting involved and trying to help them when they have problems. Is comfortable to contribute to joint endeavours and enjoys team work. Is willing to let other people depend on them.
Following Directions - Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn't like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Quality Orientation - Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends'. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Oral Communication - Talks readily and confidently to people, expressing themselves with obvious ease. Speak out and makes themselves heard, often playing a leading and influential role in debate and discussion.
Technical expert - full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations
Key Working Relationships
- All department managers within the business to ensure their IT requirements are being met.
- All employees within the business to ensure they have no IT related issues in carrying out their jobs.
- Local IT Suppliers and support companies.
- Will report to Help Desk Team Leader.
Budget / resources:
- This role will not have budgetary control.
- Requirement to travel to other sites for training or support. This will include sites in:
Barnsley, Comber, Ferndown, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Peterborough, Pert and Taffs Well.
- Greypoint - Cardiff, CF14 5WF
- Salary - up to 28k based on experience, KPI Bonus
Hours of Work
- A 37.50 hour working week to meet the needs of the business with a half hour unpaid lunch break.
- The candidate will need to be flexible with working hours.
- If you wish to apply for the vacancy, please submit a statement of interest and CV today
- Deadline for applications - 19th May 2017.