General Purpose Marine Operative
Vacancy: General Purpose Marine Operative for Minesto
LOCATION: Isle of Anglesey
REPORTING TO: Offshore Operations Manager
Applications are assessed continuously.
Minesto is a world-leading marine energy technology developer with the mission to minimise the global carbon footprint of the energy industry by enabling commercial clean energy production from tidal and ocean currents. Minesto's award-winning and patented product, Deep Green, is applicable in areas where no other known technology can operate cost-effectively.
The company is on track to deliver its first commercial project. In Holyhead Deep off the coast of North Wales, the first Deep Green array will gradually be installed, starting with a commercial-scale demonstrator planned for commission in 2017. Minesto has been awarded a €13m investment from the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh European Funding Office for the commercial roll-out of Deep Green.
Minesto was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, with more than 50 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales and Northern Ireland, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
The successful candidate will be joining an international team developing a pioneering technology with exceptional global market potential. Minesto is an Equal Opportunities employer.
From the date of appointment to June 2018 this position will be part-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Welsh Government as part of Minesto's Deep Green Project (Ref. 80848). 2specifically committed to gender diversity in the workplace and the equal treatment and acceptance of both males and females in an organization.
Minesto opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The role is to become a valued member of the offshore & onshore Minesto team and participate in all aspects of our operation as required.
The role is key to the delivery of the DeepGreen500 project within time and budget. The goal of this project is to assemble, install, and commission the worlds' first full-scale Deep Green power plant off the coast of Holy Island.
The role offers you an opportunity to become part of a strong and international team in a pioneering industry.
Your overall responsibility is to support the offshore & onshore operations team in all processes.
- Kite Handler - operating lifting plant; use of cranes, fork lift, telehandler, support cradles, transfer cradles, chain blocks, ratchet blocks, Tirfor including securing arrangements.
- Onshore deployment support for the power plant - direct & move kite to and from the assembly hall to O&M support vessel via L&R cradle; assist in assembly & disassembly of systems
- Offshore deployment support for the power plant - operate as L&R crew onboard support vessels; operate support RIB or other craft as required to assist L&R or crew transfer
- Participate in safety inspections onshore and offshore and perform safety checks - LSA & FFE
- Perform basic mechanical checks on plant as required - oil, coolant checks, oil changes, filter changes, basic greasing routines
- Complete general maintenance of all systems - vessels, plant, building, machinery, FFE & LSA
- Maintain & upload all maintenance and safety records
- General maintenance of building, plant and vessels to include but not limited to cleaning, painting duties
Your Profile, Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for an experienced, well-organised, structured, skilled GPO, Rigger, AB, EDH, SG1A or Marine Technician.
- Enjoy working within a team environment.
- In possession of a positive mind set towards any challenges that may appear.
- Results-oriented, energetic and flexible, demonstrating a high standard of professionalism.
- Documentation skills and the ability to take initiative & make decisions
- In possession of significant experience working with industrial, maritime or offshore systems.
- You will be able to handle complex tasks through thorough and precise communication and planning.
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH) or Able Seaman certificate
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- ENG1 or equivalent Medical
- Security Awareness Training
- Navigational Watch Rating Certificate
- CPSC & RB (Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats) or CPSC (Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft) or Life-boatman.
- Extensive experience within the industry
- Communicate fluently in English - spoken & written
- Experience of working in the UK renewable energy, offshore wind, a large civil contractor, a major energy utility company, or another relevant industry.
- The ability to communicate in Welsh & or Swedish would be an advantage
- Qualified Banksman - CSCS qualification
- CPCS card
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Please send your CV and a covering letter by Friday 26th May 2017 by clicking apply. Mark your application “ GPMO”.