Software Developer - Cardiff
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is looking for a Software Developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications for iOS and Android devices, Web Apps and systems developed. Your primary focus will be development of iOS / Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be responsible for delivering the complete solution, therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and build iOS, Android and WebApp applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
- Fully responsible for application development in the group
- Build and publish applications in app stores
- Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- A solid understanding of how mobile and web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
Technical knowledge, skills, experience and qualification
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development
- Hands on experience in the full life cycle of iOS, Android and Web App application development
- Have published one or more Android or iOS apps in relevant app stores
- Strong knowledge in RESTful web services
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C and Java
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Good Knowledge of Android SDK's
- Push Notifications & Toast
- Android Studio
- Experience in Gradle.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent knowledge in core Java
- Using SQL and creating stored procedures
Experience of the following:
- Programming in .Net
- Programming in C++
- Programming in HTML5
- Working with NetBeans IDE
- Using Glassfish server
- Payment gateway integration in mobile apps is a big plus
- A portfolio of iOS/Android apps in the Play Store / App Store is a plus
- Git & Gerrit
- UI & UX experience
- Locations and Map API's
Creativity - Produces creative and original ideas and solutions. Likes to find and explore new ways of doing things. Comes up with alternative possibilities and options
Problem solving - Generates and promotes solutions. Sees clearly which is the best way forward. Able to make decisions and commitments within appropriate time frame.
Resilience - Can work under pressure, remains calm, thinks clearly and manages emotion under pressure. Addresses issues without being aggressive or controlling and can easily bounce back from setbacks. Is open to feedback and doesn't dwell on past events.
Team Working - Enjoys participating in group activities and likes to work in close proximity with other people. Is ready to collaborate with and support others and is willing to co-operate and compromise for the overall good.
Following Directions - Is motivated to accept and comply with standards and instructions and has a strong conscience about delivering what is promised or expected. Doesn't like letting people down and works productively in cooperation with, and support of others.
Analytical - Enjoys analysing qualitative data but also considers quantitative and seeks to identify and explore they key elements in information before making commitments. Tends to like to use facts and figures when planning and reporting and is concerned about accuracy and detail
Information Gathering - Enjoys dealing with and refers to factual data. Likes to be well informed and drills down into details. Prefers to access wide range of information and opinion before making decisions and when solving problems.
Planning and Organising - Thinks things through well in advance and maps out future activities, taking the key stages and requirements into account. Likes to monitor to ensure that things are implemented and delivered effectively.
Quality Orientation - Is precise, pays attention to details, checks things and ties up ‘loose ends'. Has a strong conscience about getting things right and seeks to ensure that decisions and solutions do not involve undue risk, adheres to policy and standards.
Technical expert - full breadth of technical knowledge and can operate as a technical advisor, influencing others to achieve goals without relying on hierarchy. Keeps up to date on changes within their field and implements plans to ensure organisation is in a state of readiness. Participates in industry and professional associations
- Will report to IT Manager.
Budget / resources:
- This role will not have budgetary control.
- Limited travel requirements.
- Greypoint - Cardiff, CF14 5WF
- £30 - £40k based on experience, KPI Bonus
Hours of Work
- A full business day as required to meet the needs of the business with a half hour unpaid lunch break.
- The candidate may need be flexible with working hours.
- If you wish to apply for the vacancy, please submit a statement of interest and CV today
- Deadline for applications - 19th May 2017.