Department Assistant (DA) - Cardiff
Department Assistant (DA)
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining industry. The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK has been providing its clients with innovative, practical and cost effective solutions for over 40 years. Our client base covers a wide range of industries, particularly within the resources and engineering sectors.
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd (SRK (UK)), located in Cardiff City Centre currently has over 100 employees. SRK is an employee owned company.
We currently have a full-time opportunity for an efficient and organised Departmental Assistant (DA); key components to the role include: supporting the Company in all aspects of administration and co-ordination. As Departmental Assistant, you will work as part of a DA team to support the Company with the day to day running of departments and project requirements, providing full professional administrative support.
Location: Churchill House, 17 Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH
Hours of Work: 09:00 - 17.30, Monday to Friday, with a 30-minute lunch break (40 hours per week)
Salary Scale: Competitive + Benefits
Experience in a similar role is essential combined with:
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritise workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Adept at delivering high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Previous experience of working within a consulting or similar environment would be desirable.
The following provides a guide to the main duties the DA will undertake:
- Keeping a diary/planner detailing departmental members' projects and travel commitments and updating weekly resources lists.
- Updating department records and spreadsheets for admin and travel on a regular basis.
- Setting up department conference calls and meeting requirements.
- Organising International and UK travel arrangements - flights, accommodation, car hire, rail/coach/taxi travel, visas and medication/vaccinations where required.
- Word-processing and formatting of documents and assistance with compiling draft and final reports and proposals in accordance with SRK formats and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and manage departmental/cross department Conference participation, registration and travel.
- Oversee the co-ordination of department driven workshops, training and handouts (internal & external).
- Coordinate department meetings, functions and events.
- Ad hoc department admin tasks as required.
Training / Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent qualification: A-C in English and Maths as a minimum
- Fully conversant with all Microsoft Office Suite applications, in particular, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Educated to A level or equivalent qualification
- RSA, CLAIT or equivalent qualifications
To work outside normal working hours when required to meet deadlines.