Customer Services Officer
Customer Services Officer, Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options; you can progress to management or specialize in other areas such as financial planning and mortgage advice. We also have national and global opportunities in Risk, Marketing, HR, IT, Commercial banking to name a few.
The start of your journey in your new role with HSBC will provide you with a 6 week blended learning experience, during this time you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of classroom, on-line & practical training as well as having the opportunity to develop your new skills in HSBC's model branch. If you are a graduate you will have the opportunity to apply to join one of our graduate schemes, if not you can apply to join our apprenticeship programmes, both award winning.
This role offers an attractive reward package, flexible benefits, pension and employee discounts.
In this role, you will:
• Provide a range of services to HSBC customers, supporting every life event, from opening an account, going to university, saving for a new home, to retirement.
• Effectively question and listen to your customers when reviewing their account to enable you to fully understand both new & existing customer's financial circumstances and needs.
• Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's full range of products & services to enable you to connect the customer with other colleagues who can support their entire life journey.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure every need of the customer can be met within the wider branch team.
• Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
• Be proactive in building & developing a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins.
• Understand & continue to develop your knowledge of operational risk, legal & regulatory requirements & operating procedures & practises.
• Treat Customers Fairly at the heart of all that you do.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
• Have a passion for continuously delivering a superior customer experience.
• Pride yourself on consistently delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service at all times.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations with customers & to build strong professional rapport.
• Be able to demonstrate your ability to understand a customer's requirements through effective fact finds.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. The availability of these options can be discussed with the recruitment team as part of the application process.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
Salary: . Date posted: 04/05/2017