Quality Engineer - 12 month Contract, Part Time
3 days left
- Part Time
Contact Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract, Part Time
Working hours: Wednesday (08:00 - 16:00); Thursday (08:00 - 16:00); Friday (08:00 - 12:15)
Job Elements: -
• To investigate and interrogate quality control data to ensure compliance and identify trends, thereby promoting product improvements
• To interpret and implement relevant industry standards
• To be an active team member for Product and Process development trials
• To sample, test and report performance of products
• To take responsibility for raw materials quality, ensuring compliance with specifications and conducting audits of suppliers where necessary
• To control the chemical composition testing of products at external laboratories to ensure compliance
• To investigate Defect Materials and communicate with suppliers.
• To provide an on-going advisory service on quality issues to all relevant departments
• To support the Quality Manager and cover in his/her absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Must have a high level of computer literacy, especially in the use of MS Word and Excel (to advanced level). Knowledge of MS Access and SAP would also be advantageous
• Must have good knowledge of and strong experience in the application of maths and statistics (e.g. the ability to analyse data using statistics for correlations or risk assessments)
• Must be a self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative to drive forward the responsibilities of the role.
• Must be a confident and enthusiastic individual with the ability to communicate effectively
• Should ideally be qualified to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Science subject.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Quality Engineer - 12 month Contract, Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly