Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
Shift pattern: 37.5 hours between 7am - 11pm, Monday - Friday + some weekend work
We are offering a competitive salary of GBP25,520 per annum
As a Customer Service Advisor, based in our Jersey office, you'll be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team delivering a first class experience for all our clients and demonstrating ownership of all client queries. Whilst banking experience is preferable, we are happy to consider applications from individuals who have a passion for providing an exceptional service to their customers. If successful, you will complete our bespoke, tailored and interactive induction programme, which will enable you to become a knowledgeable, experienced and valuable asset to the whole business.
You will work on a 6 week rotational shift basis working 37.5 hours per week between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, and some weekend work.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
As a Customer Service Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Providing a first-class experience for all our customers, demonstrating ownership of all queries
• Acting as the first point of contact for customers day-to-day banking requirements, using various communication methods such as; telephone, email, online banking and written communications
• Proactively educating clients on the features and benefits of the international proposition, and managing clients throughout the proposition tiers
• Acting on client prompts to capture data and making changes to accounts in line with agreed procedures across the Service Centre
As a Customer Service Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Experience of providing excellent customer service within the financial services, or a similar customer centric industry
• Adaptability in your approach and attitude, with the ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure
• A commitment to providing a world-class service and building strong, trusted relationships with your customers
• An understanding of the importance of meeting and exceeding client expectations
• Confidence in your ability to talk to clients in detail on our products, services and channels
• A strong level of computer literacy and proficient keyboard skills
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
On the move? Download our jobs app 'Barclays Jobs'
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.
Salary: . Date posted: 06/04/2017