Product Quality Engineer
- Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting New Product Development (NPD), manufacturing process improvements and achieving strategic quality goals. The candidate will work with the NPD and Operations teams towards meeting customer's quality, cost, and on time delivery expectations. In addition the candidate will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the sites Quality Management System in compliance with the following standards and requirements: ISO 9001
• To take ownership for quality of products within Manufacturing Operations.
• Support new product development activities from concept through launch including guidance to the NPD team as it relates to relevant standards.
• Plan and manage product quality during transfer to production, including design and process validation.
• Support/lead DFMEA and PFMEA activities.
• Lead / Drive Customer Complaints from cradle to grave.
• Develop or assist in the development of inspection and test methods per product specifications including test method (Gage R&R) validations to ensure accuracy, precision, sensitivity, repeatability and reproducibility of measurement system.
• Provide statistical analysis guidance to the NPD team. Develop DOE test plans and provide other statistical analyses to support product and process optimization and determine causes of process variation. Perform corrective actions as required.
• Process analysis and improvement through utilization of risk management, statistical tools and six sigma methodologies.
• Support and where applicable conduct internal and external audits as well as quality performance analysis and reporting.
• Work with Operations, Purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineering to improve product quality and reduce cost through the utilization of root cause investigation tools such as 5 WHY's, fishbone diagrams, cause and effect matrix
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Ideally quality to HND level (or equivalent) in an appropriate technical subject with 5 - 8 years related professional experience within Quality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and associates in a fast pace environment.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office and SAP.
• Strong Design Control understanding from concept to launch and a proven track record as quality lead developing and transferring new products to manufacturing.
• Applied knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 (ISO13485 would be an advantage).
• Demonstrable experience conducting root cause investigations.
• 5-8 years minimum experience in Quality Engineering or related discipline including design controls, product/process validation, risk management, and technical problem solving.
• UK and Oversea travel may be required.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Product Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly