Year Leaders (Non-Teaching)
£19122 - £21083 (actual salary)
37 hours per week, term time only, plus 10 days
‘Join the most improved school in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire’
We are seeking to appoint two inspirational Year Leaders who will drive up the standards of academic achievement, ‘behaviour for learning’ and conduct of students within a year group.
As a Year Leader you will work directly with the ‘Senior Leader – Behaviour’ in what is a key role in our drive to becoming an Outstanding Academy.
We actively welcome applications from colleagues who are already working in a pastoral/behaviour role as well as colleagues who are working in an educational setting and are passionate about becoming a Year Leader.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 3 year development pathway to the next stage of their career rather than just a ‘Year Leader’ post. The training and CPD you will receive will be phenomenal.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career.
In particular, we are seeking an individual who:
- Is fully aligned to our vision and key drivers;
- Is a dynamic and proactive individual who will not be satisfied until all students are making excellent progress, have excellent behaviour and excellent attendance;
- Will proactively work with senior leaders to regularly analyse behaviour and academic data relating to the performance of the year group and identify individuals and cohorts of students that need intervention or support and implement strategies to address this;
- Will play a leading role in terms of supporting the development of Academic Mentoring to ensure it is raising the standards of behaviour, academic achievement and reading;
- Will strive to implement effective approaches which support and engage our most challenging students;
- Will strive to implement effective strategies to rapidly improve and maintain high levels of attendance;
- Will be proactive in engaging parents.
- Will go above and beyond to ensure the job is done effectively and delivers results
The successful candidate will also be:
- Passionate about developing their own practice;
- Driven to keep up to date with the latest teaching and learning research and literature;
- Unwavering in their commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the Academy;
About the Academy and the AET Trust
We are at an exciting stage in our development, and our journey to becoming an Outstanding Academy is well underway. The Academy is on an accelerated journey of improvement which was acknowledged in our recent Ofsted inspection, and our 2016 results where we were the most improved school in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire. We have excellent resources and a student body who are quickly gaining the respect and confidence of the local and wider community. The Academy is rapidly growing in size with the last two year’s intakes significantly increased from previous years. We are fully staffed; a host to Future Leaders and Teach First, as well as a leader in innovative curriculum practice within the Academies Enterprise Trust. The leadership team has breadth of experience supported by a highly experienced support staff who in turn have direct access to national, experienced personnel.
The aim is for the Kingswood Academy to achieve ‘Outstanding’ within 12 months and we will realise this through our Vision:
‘Delivering world-class learning, which places no limits on what young people can achieve; a beacon of educational excellence in Hull’
Supported by our Key Drivers:
- The Highest Expectations
- Never Give Up
- Everyone is Valued
- Value Feedback
- No Excuses
- Outstanding Learning
To achieve this we need a committed individual who is aligned to our vision and key drivers, who also has a burning desire to help build an Outstanding Academy. They will want to work within the Academy and the AET to raise standards and provide a sense of loyalty to the community. There will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to undergo CPD and training to progress their career.
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see the school in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
These positions are required for September 2017. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: 9am Monday 22 May 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.