Senior Public Affairs & Policy Adviser
COM170 - Senior Public Affairs & Policy Adviser
Salary: £34,061 - £45,415 per annum
Location: Cardiff Bay
Deadline: 15/05/2017 23:59
Benefits: for more information about our benefits please view the job description
Job Type: fixed-term
Salary Band: Grade 5, £34,061 - £45,415 per annum
Full Time, 6 month fixed term contract (maternity leave cover, with possibility of extension)
Do you want to help shape the future of healthcare in Wales?
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the RCP's policy and public affairs work in Wales, and position the RCP at the forefront of health debates in Wales. You will use your excellent influencing and networking skills to make sure the voice of hospital doctors is heard at the highest level in Wales - whether it's in the National Assembly, within Welsh Government or across the Welsh NHS. Working with some of the country's most senior doctors, you will develop the RCP's messages on the big issues facing the health service in Wales, from tackling obesity to improving patient care.
- You are a dynamic policy or public affairs professional with a track record of successful influencing
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling a portfolio of complex issues
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about politics and policy-making in Wales
- You are an excellent communicator, just as comfortable handling press enquiries as developing clear ‘lines to take' on complex issues
- You might have good existing knowledge of the health service in Wales, but more importantly you are a fast learner who builds credibility with senior people quickly.
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is a patient-centred and clinically led membership organisation for physicians, with 33,000 members worldwide and 1,200 members in Wales. The RCP works to ensure that physicians are trained to provide high-quality care, and promotes evidence-based policies to government to encourage healthy lifestyles and reduce illness. By working in partnership with other health organisations, we present a powerful and unified voice to improve health and healthcare.
- 29 days' annual leave plus statutory holidays (full time).
- Computershare childcare vouchers
- corporate membership rate at local gym
- cycle to work scheme
For more information about the role and our benefits please view the job description and person specification.
For informal enquiries regarding this role please contact the Recruitment team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 May 2017 Interview date: 25 May 2017 in Cardiff