Jöttnar Marketing Manager
Jöttnar produces technical clothing for mountaineering, winter climbing and all-mountain skiing. We are a young and ambitious company seeking an outstanding individual to be our Marketing Manager. You are the heart of the company's marketing and PR output and responsible for creating and delivering the PR and marketing plan.
Jöttnar is a digital company with a physical presence; you will understand this and how to work within it. You will be an all round marketer with strong consumer brand experience and a passion for mountain sports and the outdoors. You will have a well-balanced mix of the creative and the conscientious - and be strong in both. You will be spilling over with ideas. You will have the maturity and discipline to self-manage, to work within a team and to complete within a budget. You will be capable of working at pace and with high energy, however you will be considered and strategic in your approach and be well organised.
Large enterprise experience is valued, but you will also have experience of working in a flexible, employee empowered, small to medium-sized company. Departmentalised approaches will not work here and you will be delighted by the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and being hands on.
Lead Jöttnar's PR and marketing activities:
- Create and deliver the content marketing plan, including videos, blogs, and emails
- Design and deliver effective Internet and print advertising campaigns
- Create the PR plan and deliver to objectives
- Create and deliver the social media plan
- Deliver Jöttnar event participation (e.g. festivals, pop-ups)
- Design and manage the Jöttnar ambassador programme
- Procure non-studio photography
- Manage launch campaigns for new products
- Manage external marketing agencies
- Analyse the ROI and effectiveness of all marketing and PR efforts and their contribution to sales
- Track and report on the marketing budget
- Setting annual marketing goals and budgets
- Setting and delivering website traffic and conversion goals
- Brand guardianship
- Business awareness and commercial acumen
- Experience with a consumer brand in a marketing role
- Mountain and outdoor sports enthusiast
- Strong communicator with demonstrated effectiveness in content marketing, brand evangelism and holding conversations with customers
- Experience of managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience with social media management
- Experience managing external PR and communication contractors
- Planning and project management ability
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods and approaches
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company
- Familiarity with digital marketing is a real asset
- Marketing degree, 2:1 or higher, or similarly appropriate subject degree
- Candidates may apply without this qualification but will be required to show exceptional previous experience appropriate to the role
Remuneration, benefits and conditions
- Up to £40,000 DOE
- Employee discount
- The role can be home and office based but will entail 2-5 days per week in Jöttnar's Cardiff office depending on company requirements.
- The role will involve occasional weekend work during the events programme.
Application process and deadlines
Applications will only be accepted electronically.
Please send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with ‘Marketing Manager Application' followed by your name in the subject line.
Your CV must be no longer than two pages.
Your covering letter must be no longer than one page.
Applications to be received by 19th May 2017.
Interviews will be held in Cardiff week of 29th May 2017.
Job commences no later than August 2017.