BID Project Manager
(Pontypridd Business Improvement District)
Job title: BID Project Manager
Responsible to: Your Pontypridd BID Board of Directors
Position: Fixed term until 31st March 2021 (Probationary period of three months)
Reporting to: Chair and Vice-chair of the BID board
Hours of work: 35 hours per week.
Regular evening and weekend working required.
Contributory pension after probationary period.
Location: Pontypridd Town Centre, RCT
In February 2016, businesses in Pontypridd Town Centre voted overwhelmingly in favour of establishing a Business Improvement District (BID). This is a business led and funded initiative, which will raise £385,000+ of investment for Pontypridd over the next five years, to be spent on key projects to improve the Town Centre. The aim is to increase footfall and the vibrancy of Pontypridd.
Your Pontypridd BID will deliver these improvements by implementing a programme that focuses on three main areas:
- Improving accessibility and experience
- Advancing town centre marketing and promotion
- Reducing costs and increasing support
Your Pontypridd is seeking an exceptional candidate with wide ranging experience to manage the BID and to achieve quick wins and early successes.
For more information on the Your Pontypridd BID and its programme, please visit the website at www.yourpontypridd.co.uk
To support the businesses of the Your Pontypridd Business Improvement District (BID) to achieve their aims of delivering the objectives in their business plan. This will be achieved by liaising with and developing strong relationships with businesses, development agencies, police and the Local Authority, interpreting ideas into practical deliverable actions and coordinating activity and project management to enable the delivery of the BID business plan.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Work closely with and develop strong working relationships with partner organisations, agencies and stakeholders across the area with whom the BID relies for delivery of its business plan.
- Communicate effectively with businesses, development agencies, statutory and local authorities to gain support and commitment to the delivery of the BID business plan.
- Develop and implement systems to keep local businesses, partners and the broader community, aware of the activities of the BID and engage them as appropriate.
- Liaise where necessary with Local Government agencies, potential partners in the business, public and voluntary sectors and organisations and individuals within the wider community on BID matters.
- Develop contacts with local press and media.
Project Delivery & Contract Management
- Manage the work of colleagues, contractors and / or consultants engaged to deliver the BID's programme
- Identify projects for delivery against the BID Business Plan objectives. Prepare project plans, understand critical paths. Directly deliver projects and, as a project manager, work with suppliers and businesses to support and enable this project delivery.
- Identify opportunities where, by working with partners to support or add value to their project delivery, it will also address BID Objectives.
- Develop working groups of stakeholders to engage them in the project delivery of the BID, providing a lead as chair of these meetings, structuring agendas, recording notes and coordinating resulting actions and activity.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of publications and promotion such as leaflets, newsletters press releases and digital media.
- Develop tender briefs to aid with contractor selection, liaison with BID contractors and suppliers on operational matters and oversee payment, to ensure both effective project delivery and value for money.
- Seek to secure additional revenue and match funding for delivery of projects.
Reporting and Representation
- Coordinate and attend meetings of the Strategic and Project Boards, structuring agendas, providing a brief to the Chairs and supplying the directors with the necessary literature and reports to allow them to come to informed, relevant and accurate decisions, recording minutes and coordinating resulting actions and project delivery.
- Monitor project delivery and report progress and project plans at those meetings.
- Maintain accurate financial records and adhere to financial protocols.
- Work with the Strategic Board to support them in safeguarding the financial position of the BID Company to ensure that performance is at least in-line with approved budgets.
- Liaise on a monthly basis with the ‘Billing Authority' representing the BID in monitoring collections.
- Work with the contractor established to provide accounting functions for Your Pontypridd
- Represent Your Pontypridd at appropriate internal and external events.
- Represent Your Pontypridd on other partner forums, groups and committees.
- Attend BID related meetings, seminars and conferences at local level to support the development of the BID project
Please send a covering letter and full CV by clicking apply with Your Pontypridd Project Manager Application' in the subject bar of the email.
Closing Date for Applicants is 5pm Monday 8th May.
Apply for BID Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly